Thursday, June 14, 2012

I might be starting a new quilt.  or two.  
but I have two that are almost finished.  
That balances out, right?  



First up is a Swoon quilt.  Finally, after admiring the pattern and quilts for so long!  
The delay in starting had as much to do with finding the right fabric as it did with [almost] finishing up other projects.   When Tula Pink's Nightshade arrived in the shop, I couldn't resist any longer.   The Spider Blossom print in particular pushed me over the edge.




I've selected three of the five prints in the collection and grouped them with an assortment of coordinating solids, from left to right:
kona parsley 198
kona olive 1263
moda bella celery 9900 72
moda bella dusty jade 9900 38
moda bella teal 99000 87
kona azure 1009
cotton couture peony
kona wood rose 1393
cotton couture primrose
the lavender is unknown, but very close to moda bella 9900 33 

Here they are cut into squares and paired up:


(I ended up not using the olive)

and sewn into a gazillion half square triangles:



I may be a little crazy, but I sewed all the HSTs for the entire quilt first.  and I cheated.   I overcut my squares slightly and will trim them down to size whenI need to sew them together.  Is this lazy of me?  I don't know.  I'll have to do the work eventually.  I like to avoid the stress of cutting everything perfectly, sewing perfectly, pressing prefectly, but still get close-to perfect blocks.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this!

(The neutral solid is bella natural.)



No comments:

Post a Comment