Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A little more information about the chair.

Actually, I don't have any information about the chair, but based on the style, I'm guessing it's from the 50s/60s. The upholstery appears to be original, although there was a skirt around the bottom that was removed at some point. Thankfully, Finn hasn't shown any interest, but Maizy, on the other hand, has to be watched like a hawk. (Seriously considering getting those "claw covers" for her. Maybe in Pink? or Blue Glitter?)

I found the chair at a vintage shop up the street and it was love at first sight. (I should add that I was NOT looking for a new chair.) It has replaced a 1960s George Malhauser Plycraft chair - an amazing garage sale find ($15!) when I first moved to Portland. I'm not getting rid of the Plycraft chair, but the tilt mechanism is cracked and it's a bit heart-attack inducing when unsuspecting guests sit down and find themselves tipped back nearly to the floor. For now, it's propped in the corner of the dining room, where it can't cause any harm, until I can figure out how to get it fixed - which most likely involves welding and a skill set that I clearly don't have.

P.S. The snow has all melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment