Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nine down. Six to go. I started these blocks this spring with the intent of donating them to the Quilts for Quake Survivors fundraiser - unfortunately I think I've missed every deadline - but hope to finish up this quilt for another charity focused effort.
It's not so much that I sew slowly, but rather finding one-on-one time with the sewing machine can be challenging. I did manage to sort through the rest of my solids and pick out fabrics for the remaining six blocks though. That should count for something!

I have a tendency to start projects without having them fully planned out (which is probably part of the problem, but I can't believe I'm the only one!) I get a general idea and then just dive in. For these blocks, I cut a whole lotta strips and started sewing, choosing colors as I went. After about five or six blocks, a color scheme for the entire quilt emerged, and I went back to my stash to pull together the fabrics for the remaining blocks. There were two blocks that didn't make the final cut, and I wish I had stuck with either off-white or white, not both, but in the end I think it will work out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment